Youth Initiative Program
Boston Road Runners host and supports youth running programs and events for all youth across Greater Boston. Running offers athletes of all ages increased confidence, physical and mental health benefits, and the ability to engage in a supportive community of fellow runners. BRR cannot wait to bring these benefits to students across Boston and appreciates the community’s support.
Our youth initiative consists of 4 parts:
- Many Boston Public High Schools lack the necessary resources to host a track & field or cross-country team. We believe that running provides kids an outlet to grow. Promote community and sportsmanship among youth runners through team-building activities; and hold classes and seminars for youth runners on fitness, injury prevention, healthy eating, and others topics that promote a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the semester, students will run a road race.
- Interested in applying? Visit our application page and sign up to bring Boston Road Runners to your school, community center, or after-school program.
- Providing youth (18 & under) a chance to run races at an affordable price. All BRR races offer a youth rate, to encourage more parents to register their kids for a fun run.
- Host a fun 4×400 scholarship to high school seniors.
- We are fundraising and working on a youth running program. BRR’s long-term goals for the program include offering more perks for the team members and to developing more programs tailored to individual middle and high school students’ needs. BRR is funding this initiative both through direct fundraising and by using a portion of the registration fees of our road races.