Please email your Cover Letter & Resume to:
Time Commitment & Compensation
80 Hours over 8 weeks | $20 an hour
The Sponsorship Manager is responsible for soliciting and securing funds from business and brands. The position ensures that BRR delivers on what is promised to our partners while continuing to focus on the mission-driven objectives of BRR.
This is a highly visible, collaborative position which requires multitasking, juggling of priorities, leadership, patience, professionalism, and teamwork. Key responsibilities are built upon the intersection of client strategy, brand strategy and top-notch client service in a high paced, ever-changing environment.
As part of the Boston Road Runners team, you will be helping to foster and support an inclusive Greater Boston running community by creating an open, accessible, and welcoming environment for athletes of all background and experience levels across the region.
The ideal candidate needs to have the go-getter personality. Always consider the entire picture when starting new projects. This person’s motto might be “I don’t understand everything, but I know I can do it.” An adventurous individual and fears almost nothing, and approaches tasks with an upbeat attitude.
Responsibilities of the Sponsors & Partnerships Intern include:
- 2-month commitment
- Creating strategic partnerships with business in the community
- Cold calling businesses to sponsor BRR races
- Promote BBR and its benefits to partners
- Maintain confidentiality of all aspects of the role
- Excellent writing skills, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Energy and enthusiasm for BRR’s mission and initiatives
- Ability to work as a team player
- Flexibility and ability to simultaneously work on a number of projects
- Bachelor’s degree or pursuing or completed a Bachelor’s degree