November 17 | Charles River
Annual Turkey Trot Run in Artesani Park! The course follows a beautiful path around the river and should feature some great autumn foliage.
We’ll be holding a canned food drive to help ensure that everyone in the Boston community can enjoy a bountiful Thanksgiving. Please consider bringing some canned foods.
5.25 & 3.1 Mile Pass
Register Early, Every Year the Race Sells out
NUMBER PICK UP
Thursday, Nov. 15 Hours: 3 PM – 8 PM
Friday, Nov. 16 Hours: 3 PM – 7 PM
- Not able to pick up your BIBS before the race. No worries.
- There will also be BIB Pick Up on race day at Charles River – Christian Herter Park, please arrive 60 minutes early.
- We recommend picking up your BIB on Thursday or Friday.
- Please do not fold, bend or damage your bib. Please wear your bib on the front of the outermost layer. The timing staff and volunteers need to be able to see you bib at all times, to be officially timed and scored.
- If there are any problems or errors, please send an email to email@example.com.
7:00 AM – Number Pick Up & Gear Check Opens
7:45 AM – 5.25 Mile Race START
9:00 AM – 5.25 Mile Race FINISH
9:15 AM – 3.1 Mile Race START
10:15 AM – 3.1 Mile Race FINISH
10:30 AM – Award Ceremony
11:00 AM – Finish area & Gear Check Closes
GETTING TO THE RACE
Start & Finish Location: Charles River @ Christian Herter Park
Parking – Parking has been known to be an issue around the neighborhood. Please read all street signs and obey parking regulations.
We recommend taking the MBTA to the race.
Runners can check their belonging near the start/finish area. You must use the bags we provide on-site by BRR to check your belongings. Bags must be picked up after the race.
Please use the tag affixed to your bib number to help the volunteers identify and locate your bags. Please do not check valuable. BRR is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Please arrive 60 minutes before the start of the race. We ask runners to be calm and patience and line up by mile pace. Faster runners towards the front and fun runners toward the back. The starting line will close 5 minutes after the gun.
Please be cautious of children and other runners.
Toilets – Located near the start/finish area. Please respect the surroundings and our beautiful local parks.
Medical – Assistance will be located near the start/finish area and will be available to treat non-critical injuries. BRR is not responsible for event event-related injuries and athletes are responsible for individual expenses incurred.
Water Station – There will be one water station located halfway on the route. There will be water available for all runners. Fluids will also be available near the start/finish line.
Course Map – USATF Certified & Sanctioned Course
View Course Map (JPEG)
TIMING & RESULTS
Runners will have a time limit of 1 and 15 minutes. A time limit allows us to host a fun and safe road races, due to permit restriction and are mindful our fabulous volunteer time. We hope you understand and if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message us.
Official Results will be posted on our website and Facebook later in the day. As well as a recap email will be sent out to all runners.
Award Ceremony will be held after the completion of the road race. All awards must be picked up during the Awards Ceremony.
Overall Awards & Age Group Awards
- Top three Overall Female and Male finishers as determined by gun times
- Top Female & Male of each Age Group
- Age Groups: 19 years and younger, 20-29 years old, 30-39 years old, 40-49 years old, 50-59 years old, 60-69 years old, and 70+ years old
COED Team Challenge for 5.25 Miler
- Teams of 4 (2 Females & 2 Males)
- First Place Team: Gift Certificate to a local restaurant (food & drinks)
- Running Clubs accumulate points for this race based on participation and finishing places. The year’s top clubs are honored and receive special awards at BRR’s Annual Runner’s Night.
Volunteers are the heart and soul of our races. Please consider volunteering; you can sign up for a position on the Volunteer Page.
Need help training or looking for a fun Run Club to join. We host two weekly FREE & OPEN Run Clubs. Join us for a run along the Esplanade! We break up into groups based on running level; this is great for both beginners and veterans.
We run rain or shine every week. For updates, please join our Facebook Group.
BOSTON ROAD RUNNERS MISSION
To foster and support an inclusive Greater Boston running community by creating an open, accessible, and welcoming environment for athletes of all backgrounds and experience levels across the region.
COMMUNITY & YOUTH INITIATIVE
With your support and participant in our road races, we can help and motivate people to run. Our community Initiative provides a free weekly run club, running clinics and activities that promote the sport of running and make it accessible and open to all. Youth Initiative provides discounted and free entries to youth. As well a Scholarship Fund.