Boston Public School is hosting a Health, Wellness, and Inclusion at The Mendell! Students in grades 1-5 are invited to participate in a 1-mile fun run on the BPS track at White Stadium. Registered students will be assigned to a heat based on grade. We will run 4-8 heats depending on the number of registered runners. Students will rotate through fitness stations (Yoga, Stretching, Fitness Test) with their heat members before and after running. Parents and family members are invited to join us at White Stadium to cheer on our student runners or to run with their student during their heat.
- 200 students from the Boston Public Schools will be participating in the Mendell Mile.
- This is an untimed race. We will start a large clock at the beginning of each heat and interested runners can look at the clock as they cross the finish line to get their time. Or, parents and guardians can watch the clock for runners.
- When students are not running they will be at a snack station, in a bullpen (receiving instructions) or be cheering other students on.
- Parents and guardians/family are invited to attend and watch but because it’s during the school day we will likely just have a lot of chaperones and teachers.
- Email Susan Field (parent coordinator) at email@example.com with questions
Start & Finish Location: White Stadium
Parking – Parking has been known to be an issue around the neighborhood. Please read all street signs and obey parking regulations.
Please use Google Maps for directions to the races or MBTA website. We recommend taking the MBTA to the race.
Do not check any valuables. We are not responsible for lost items and/or gear.
Restrooms available at White Stadium. Please respect the surroundings to ensure we are able to continue using the park as our home base.