Please email your Cover Letter & Resume to:
Time Commitment & Compensation:
Volunteer at 2 road races & attend 4 run clubs
120 Hours over 12 weeks – Unpaid
216 Hours over 12 weeks – Paid ($360 a month)
As an Accountant Intern, you will gain accounting experience and build on existing in-class knowledge. The accountant intern will play a critical role in accurately managing BRR’s finances. This will require the Accountant to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines. It is essential that the Accountant maintains 100% confidentiality when working with highly sensitive information.
As part of the Boston Road Runners team, you will be helping to foster and support an inclusive Greater Boston running community by creating an open, accessible, and welcoming environment for athletes of all background and experience levels across the region.
The ideal candidate needs to have the go-getter personality. Always consider the entire picture when starting new projects. This person’s motto might be “I don’t understand everything, but I know I can do it.” An adventurous individual and fears almost nothing, and approaches tasks with an upbeat attitude.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Intern include:
- A 3-month commitment
- Use QuickBooks to manage finances
- Responsible for recording and processing all transactions
- Sort and organize all bank and credit card transactions
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Balance the accounts
- Accounting experience/ knowledge
- Experience with QuickBooks (or ability to learn QuickBooks)
- Expert in Excel
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree (preferably in accounting)