Website Design Intern
Please email your Cover Letter & Resume to:
Time Commitment & Compensation:
Volunteer at 2 road races & attend 4 run clubs
10 Hours a week for 12 weeks – Unpaid
15 Hours a week for 12 weeks – Paid ($300 a month)
As a Website Design Intern, you will play a critical role in maintaining and improving the BRR website. It is essential that the Website Design Intern updates the website regularly to engage followers. The Website Design Intern will also be responsible for troubleshooting website issues and assisting with maximizing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to its full potential.
As part of the Boston Road Runners team, you will be helping to foster and support an inclusive Greater Boston running community by creating an open, accessible, and welcoming environment for athletes of all background and experience levels across the region.
The ideal candidate needs to have the go-getter personality. Always consider the entire picture when starting new projects. This person’s motto might be “I don’t understand everything, but I know I can do it.” An adventurous individual and fears almost nothing, and approaches tasks with an upbeat attitude.
Responsibilities of the Website Intern include:
- 3-month commitment
- Manage Boston Road Runners WordPress websites
- Update the website to ensure greater functionality and user engagement
- Resolve website bugs or glitches quickly
- Configure website images for maximum impact through social media sharing
- Continually monitor site health (performance, page indexing, SEO)
- Manage Google Analytics Dashboard and report on website analytics weekly
- Expert knowledge of WordPress
- Experience with common plug-ins
- Ability to work diligently on your own to complete regular maintenance on the website
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience working remotely or as a consultant on web-related tasks
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree