Community Outreach Intern
Please email your Cover Letter & Resume to:
Time Commitment & Compensation:
Volunteer at 2 road races & attend 4 run clubs
10 Hours a week for 12 weeks – Unpaid
15 Hours a week for 12 weeks – Paid ($300 a month)
As a Community Outreach Intern, you will play a critical role in creating long-lasting relationships to improve the running community in the Greater Boston area. The Community Outreach Intern will be responsible for reaching out to the community and keeping them informed about upcoming events.
You will be playing a critical role at BBR events and races by managing and delegating tasks to volunteers to ensure the event runs smoothly. It is the responsibility of the intern to reach out to the community and promote BRR. The intern will be responsible for recruiting community members to volunteer their time at races and events.
As part of the Boston Road Runners team, you will be helping to foster and support an inclusive Greater Boston running community by creating an open, accessible, and welcoming environment for athletes of all background and experience levels across the region.
The ideal candidate needs to have the go-getter personality. Always consider the entire picture when starting new projects. This person’s motto might be “I don’t understand everything, but I know I can do it.” An adventurous individual and fears almost nothing, and approaches tasks with an upbeat attitude.
Responsibilities of the Community Outreach Intern include:
- 3-month commitment
- Available to attend Boston Road Runners Events (road races, etc.)
- Keep the community updated about BRR Programs and Races
- Research different groups and contact them
- Help Create and launch the BRR Youth Program to promote youth athletics
- Coordinate/ Manage Volunteers on race day
- Recruit new volunteers
- Communicate with volunteers
- Ability to build relationships and network
- Responsible and personable
- Excellent verbal skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree