Community Outreach Coordinator (Part-Time)
As a Community Outreach Coordinator you will play a critical role in creating long-lasting relationships to improve the running community in the Greater Boston area. The Community Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for reaching out to the community and keeping them informed about upcoming events.
You will be playing a critical role at BBR events and races by managing and delegating tasks to volunteers to ensure events run smoothly. It is the responsibility of the Coordinator to reach out to the community and promote BRR. The Coordinator will be responsible for recruiting community members to volunteer their time at races and events.
As part of the Boston Road Runners team you will be helping to foster and support an inclusive Greater Boston running community by creating an open, accessible, and welcoming environment for athletes of all background and experience levels across the region.
Responsibilities of the Community Outreach Coordinator (Part-Time) include:
- 10-15 hours a week
- Available to attend Boston Road Runners Events (road races, etc.)
- Keep the community updated about BRR Programs and Races
- Research different groups and contact them
- Help Create and launch the BRR Youth Program to promote youth athletics
- Coordinate/ Manage Volunteers on race day
- Recruit new volunteers
- Communicate with volunteers
- Ability to build relationships and network
- Responsible and personable
- Excellent verbal skills
- Excellent writing skills