Please email your Cover Letter & Resume to:
Fall & Spring Commitment
Volunteer at 6 run clubs
120 Hours over 12 weeks – Unpaid
Volunteer at 8 run clubs
220 Hours over 12 week – Unpaid
As an Accountant Intern, you will gain accounting experience and build on existing in-class knowledge. The accountant intern will play a critical role in accurately managing BRR’s finances. This will require the Accountant to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines. It is essential that the Accountant maintains 100% confidentiality when working with highly sensitive information.
As part of the Boston Road Runners team, you will be fostering and supporting an inclusive Greater Boston running community by creating an open, accessible, and welcoming environment for athletes of all background and experience levels across the region.
The ideal candidate needs to have the go-getter personality. Always consider the entire picture when starting new projects. This person’s motto might be “I don’t understand everything, but I know I can do it.” An adventurous individual and fears almost nothing, and approaches tasks with an upbeat attitude.
Responsibilities of the Community Outreach Intern include:
- 3-month commitment
- 10 hours a week in office
- Use QuickBooks to manage finances
- Responsible for recording and processing all transactions
- Sort and organize all bank and credit card transactions
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Balance the accounts
- Accounting experience/ knowledge
- Experience with QuickBooks (or ability to learn QuickBooks)
- Proficient in Excel
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree